Check the microphone
This tool will allow you to understand whether your microphone is configured correctly.
- Search for your devices. Please wait...
- Waiting for your permission ...
- Microphone turns on. Please wait...
- For more information, [[click here]].
- Changing the microphone will reset the current process. Do you want to continue?
- An unexpected error has occurred. Reload the page and try again.
- The devices could not be found. Most likely, the browser does not allow access to them. Try to reload the page or use another browser. We also remind you that to launch the microphone, you need to allow access to it for our site.
- The microphone could not be found, but there are other multimedia devices (for example, speakers or webcams). Most likely, this means that your microphone is not working properly or your browser cannot access it.
- Your browser does not support multimedia device access functions. Please update your browser or install another one.
- It looks like your browser is blocking access to the microphone. Because of this, it is impossible to detect and control all available microphones.
- You have not allowed the browser to use the microphone. Reload the page and try again.
- It looks like your microphone is being used or blocked by another app. To start the microphone, you have to close this application for a while.
- The waiting time for your permission has expired. Reload the page and try again.
- Audio streaming fails. The reason may be a faulty/disconnected microphone or that it is currently being used by another application.
- Audio track is suspended.
- The active media content stream cannot be detected.
- Your microphone does not output audio tracks.
- Your browser does not support functions for accessing audio tracks.
- The audio track is unavailable due to technical problems.
- Your microphone suddenly stopped transmitting the audio track.
- For unknown reasons, the audio track is disabled.
- Click here to allow access to microphone IDs
- Click here to try to force start the microphone
- Testing your microphone and recording your voice.
- Testing the sound, please say something or just create noise so that we can test the sound. After checking, you will be able to listen to the recorded sounds.
- Microphone was detected. Click "Check my Microphone" to check the functionality and supported properties of your microphone.
- Several microphones were detected. To check the functionality and supported properties of your microphone, select it from the list below and click "Check my microphone". Please note that to get more accurate results, it is recommended to leave only one microphone on.
- Testing was successful, and it looks like your microphone is working fine. All details about your microphone are displayed in the "Microphone Information" table. Please do not forget to leave a review about your microphone.
- Testing failed because your microphone could not capture any sounds. Please make sure your microphone is not muted and try again.
- Testing failed because your microphone captured only one tone. Please make sure your microphone is not muted and try again.
- During testing, there were errors that made it impossible to determine some parameters of your microphone. Reload the page and try again.
You clicked on the “Allow” button in the browser, but still the microphone does not work? (OS: Windows 10)
If you clicked the Allow button in the browser, but the microphone still does not work, then perhaps the Windows 10 operating system prohibits the browser from using the microphone.
In order to allow the browser to use the microphone, you need to:
Press the Start button
Enter "Privacy Settings" in the search bar
In the left part, select the item "Microphone"
In the right part of the window, enable the permission for applications to access the microphone
After that, refresh the site page and click allow microphone use in your browser again.
Automatic gain control:
Number of audio channels:
An easy microphone check is available on this web resource. At the top of this page there is an online application, thanks to which you can check the performance of your microphone.
The microphone verification process takes place using analysis directly in the browser. You can check the microphone yourself, due to the signal graph, which displays the volume of incoming sound. The scale is located on the right side of the page – it is easy to determine the breakdown by it. To check the microphone in headphones or speakers, you need to click on the "Check microphone" button. The indicator also allows you to find out the approximate strength of the signal in order to further adjust the parameters.
The service is quite easy to manage, so it will not cause difficulties. The process is fully automated – you don't need to do anything extra. In a couple of minutes you will get the final statistics to fix the problems.
How the microphone check works
Microphone verification using our online service is carried out according to the following algorithm:
- Allow recording. When you start the verification system, it will need access to the microphone. This is a standard browser feature that the program uses, so your security is not at risk. When the notification appears, allow the use of the equipment.
- Speak or create sounds. Say a phrase, whistle, click your fingers or create any other sound so that the service can check the microphone.
- Look at the results of the check. After the program gets access, it will constantly analyze the signal and also display its strength. If the results window says that the microphone is working fine, then there are no problems with the equipment.
- If there is no sound. This situation occurs for 3 reasons. First of all, see if the device is being tracked correctly. It is indicated at the bottom under the signal visualizer. If necessary, replace the recording device with the desired one. The second reason is the low volume. This is typical for older laptops. In the settings, increase its volume or add gain. You can also use the vertical slider in the interface.
If none of the above tips solved the problem, then the matter is with the microphone itself – it may not be connected to the computer, incorrectly configured, turned off by hardware, or simply break down.
Make sure that the connection is correct, update the drivers or use other devices. Sometimes the problem is hidden in USB or mini-Jack ports. Connect via the connector. Or maybe it's the hardware settings: the volume is set to "0". In this case, it is enough to open the parameters and move the slider to an acceptable level.
On which devices will the microphone check work?
Checking the microphone online with listening on our website is possible using any device. Thus, the test is used on a laptop, computer, smartphone, headphones, webcam and other types of equipment. At the same time, the microphone check works with most current operating systems: Windows from XP to 8, Linux, Mac OS.
Microphone check online is available for free and without registration directly in your browser. The function will be useful for regular computer users, administrators and repair technicians. Thanks to a timely test, it is possible to identify the fact of a breakdown, find out its cause and ways to eliminate the malfunction of the microphone.
Thus, it facilitates the work of the master in the process of correcting errors, and also allows a simple user to prepare in advance for an online call so that the conversation is comfortable.