Content of the material
- Method 1. How to Recover Deleted Music from iPhone via iTunes
- 1.1. Re-download purchased music from iTunes Store
- 1.2. Recover deleted songs from iTunes backup
- Step 2: Connect iOS device to PC via USB cable
- Part3. Steps to Recover Deleted Files from iTunes with FoneDog Toolkit- iOS Data Recovery
- Step1. Download and Install FoneDog Toolkit- iOS Data Recovery
- Step2. Select The Desired iTunes Backup
- Step3. Scan and Recover Deleted Files
- Mobile Management
- Part 2. How to Retrieve Deleted Music from an iPhone with iTunes Backup
- Part 3: How to Recover iTunes Songs from Old iTunes Music Library
- Method 3. How to Recover Deleted Songs from iPhone via iPhone Music Recovery
- 2. Restore via Time Machine (If You Have Backup)
- Part 4. How to Recover Deleted Music on iPhone without Computer via iCloud Backup
Method 1. How to Recover Deleted Music from iPhone via iTunes
If your lost music was purchased from iTunes, it will still exist in Apple Cloud even if it is deleted. You can retrieve them again on iTunes. The following are two methods of how to retrieve deleted music from iPhone through iTunes.
1.1. Re-download purchased music from iTunes Store
Music purchased through iTunes can always be recovered through Apple’s cloud-based purchase storage. No matter you change your device or delete the music files on your device, you can access the iTunes Store and re-download the songs again without having to pay it. The specific steps are:
- Launch iTunes on your computer, and sign in account with your Apple ID and password.
- Go for "Account" in the top menu.
- Select "Purchased" from the drop-down list to have a view on all the media files you have purchased from the iTunes store.
- In the purchased page, click the option "Not in My Library". After that, you can customize the list by using filters and choose the songs that you want to restore.
- After selecting the desired music, you can tap on the "download" icon at the top right corner of the song or album to start downloading the files.
1.2. Recover deleted songs from iTunes backup
In case of data loss, some users are used to sync their important files like music, images, video, applications, etc. to iTunes to make a backup. This must be a wise choice since they can retrieve their wanted data from the backup while an accident happens. That is to say, if you have synced the music from iPhone to iTunes beforehand, now you are able to get them back from the backups.
- Connect your iPhone to a computer and run the iTunes on the computer.
- Click "Music" under the icon of your iOS device.
- Tick off the "Sync Music" option on the top, and choose "Entire music library" or "Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres" to customize the iPhone music recovery.
- Click "Sync" on the bottom right to start to restore deleted music on iPhone from iTunes.
During the restoring process, you should keep your phone connected or it will fail.
Step 2: Connect iOS device to PC via USB cable
Once your devie was connected, the program would detect it automatically. Almost all generations of iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch are fully compatible with and supported by Syncios. You will see all of your music, videos, apps, notes, contacts, messages, ebooks, etc is well organized and listed on the interface of this iOS Manager.
Part3. Steps to Recover Deleted Files from iTunes with FoneDog Toolkit- iOS Data Recovery
We will now teach you how to recover deleted files from iTunes with FoneDog Toolkit- iOS Data Recovery, Recover from iTunes method with complete step by step procedures. Refer to the guides below:
Step1. Download and Install FoneDog Toolkit- iOS Data Recovery
The first step is to download the software FoneDog Toolkit- iOS Data Recovery and follow the installation instructions on-screen. Once the program has been installed, click the option ‘Recover from iTunes’ on the left side. FoneDog Toolkit- iOS Data Recovery automatically detects the iTunes on your computer so there is no need to launch iTunes as well.
Launch FoneDog – iOS Data Recovery — Step1
Step2. Select The Desired iTunes Backup
Choose among the iTunes backup files you see which you think might contain all the deleted files and then click ‘Start Scan’ to continue.
Select iTunes Backup — Step2
Step3. Scan and Recover Deleted Files
The program FoneDog Toolkit- iOS Data Recovery will now scan the entire iTunes backup file and then, later on, extract it for you to be able to preview its contents. Once the scanning is completed, you will now see the display of all file types on your left screen side wherein you can go over and preview each of the items on the right. Using the feature selective restore, you can recover deleted files from iTunes by simply marking the boxes of those files you only needed. Before you download the recovered files, create a folder on the desktop first where you can save these files later on. Don’t forget to click the ‘Recover’ button at the end of the screen.
Recover Deleted Files from iTunes Backup — Step3
This is how simple the program FoneDog Toolkit- iOS Data Recovery is. It can certainly recover deleted files from iTunes in an easy, click-through process with a user-friendly interface. Plus the selective recovery is much better because you can definitely avoid causing further data loss.
- iPhone Retrieve Deleted Voicemail
- Recover Deleted iTunes Playlist
- Rebuild iTunes Library
- Transfer iTunes Music to Android
- Download YouTube Music to iTunes Library
Part 2. How to Retrieve Deleted Music from an iPhone with iTunes Backup
Suppose you seek a way to recover music from your iPhone for free and have backed up your iPhone with iTunes before. In this case, you can easily find them back from iTunes backups. However, the restoring process may cover all the existing data on your iPhone. If you don’t mind, repeat the operations below.
How to recover deleted songs from iTunes?
1. Make sure that you have installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer. Then, plug your iPhone into the computer using a USB cable.
2. When the iPhone icon shows up at the top-left corner, tap it and choose Music under Summary.
3. Tick off the Sync Music option, choose the Entire music library or Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres, and hit the Apply button.
Part 3: How to Recover iTunes Songs from Old iTunes Music Library
If you happen to save old iTunes music library file (an XML file) in a different place on your computer, you could also directly recover iTunes playlist from old iTunes music library directly. The operation is easy and simple to be done.
Check the below steps to learn the detailed operation.
1. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes first
2. Quit iTunes.
3. Find the iTunes folder on your computer hard drive. If you are a Windows user, check C:\Users\username\Music\iTunes by default. If you are using a Mac computer, go to “Go > Home” from the menu bar. Then go to Music folder and then iTunes folder.
4. In the target iTunes media folder, locate the file named as “iTunes Music Library.xml” and drag it to your desktop.
5. Re-launch iTunes. Before anything, go to the File > Library > Import Playlist.
6. Locate the “iTunes Music Library.xml” on your desktop and select it.
7. Select OK. iTunes will automatically recreate your lost playlists.
This process should magically restore your iTunes library to an earlier state before it was accidentally removed. If you fail to find the iTunes Music Librart.xml, this way is not available for you.
Method 3. How to Recover Deleted Songs from iPhone via iPhone Music Recovery
As we mentioned above, there are various restrictions on recovering lost music from iTunes or iCloud. iTunes cannot let you choose the music you want to retrieve, while iCloud will delete all the data on your device. So, is there a way that allows us to preview and select the music we want without deleting the existing data on the device? It’s time to let MobiKin Doctor for iOS come out.
Doctor for iOS – the Best iPhone Data Recovery:
- Recover music files from iPhone, without deleting data on your iPhone.
- Selectively recover the deleted or lost iOS data on PC or Mac.
- Restore music, photos, videos, contacts, messages, books, voice memos, and many more from iOS devices.
- Preview the lost iOS data before recovery.
- Apply to various iOS devices, including iPhone 12/12 Pro (Max)/mini, iPhone 11/X/9/9 Plus/8/7/6, etc.
- Supports recovery of data loss caused by various reasons, such as water damages, busted parts, factory resetting, iPhone lost/stolen, etc.
Now, let’s see how to recover deleted music from iPhone with Doctor for iOS:
Step 1. Choose "Recover from iTunes Backup File"
Free download and install the software on your computer. Run it and click the "Recover from iTunes Backup File" section from the left. Then, the software will detect all the iTunes backup files on your computer.
Step 2. Select the music you want to recover
Select the iTunes backup file that contains your lost music, and click "Start Scan" to show all recoverable file types. After that, choose "Voice Memos" and click "Start Scan" to scan the disappeared songs.
Step 3. Start to retrieve music from iPhone
Preview and tick the songs you want to recover, and click "Recover to Computer" to save them on your computer.
If you accidentally deleted contacts and text messages from your iPhone, and you haven’t done any backup on iTunes or iCloud. You can use Doctor for iOS to recover deleted contacts and SMS from iPhone directly without any backup.
2. Restore via Time Machine (If You Have Backup)
Unfortunately, this tip only applies to those of you who use iTunes on a Mac machine. If you’ve emptied Trash or could find your files in it, leverage Time Machine (see how) to restore from a previous backup you’ve made.
Find your external hard drive for the backup and roll your Mac back to the right snap. Then copy all your iTunes items and transfer them.
If you haven’t set up Time Machine backups, or previous backups fail to retrieve your desired items, see the next tips.
Part 4. How to Recover Deleted Music on iPhone without Computer via iCloud Backup
iCloud is Apple’s other solution to secure your iPhone data. If you have turned on the automatic backup of iCloud on your iPhone beforehand, you can retrieve the deleted music from iCloud backup. With this method, you can do without a computer.
Nevertheless, you will lose the existing content and settings on your iPhone, and it will restore all backup content, not only music files.
How do I get deleted songs back on my iPhone directly?
1. Open the iPhone’s Settings > tap General > Reset > click the Erase All Content and Settings option to reset your iPhone to factory settings.
2. Your iPhone will restart automatically. Set up your iPhone by following the directions. When it displays the Apps & Data screen, choose the Restore from iCloud Backup option and sign in with your Apple ID.
3. Pick the most recent backup file and hit the Restore button.