Content of the material
- Why to Stop Automatic Updates?
- How do I stop my Samsung Galaxy s9 from updating?
- How to Stop Auto-Updates on Android Phones
- How to Stop your Phone from Auto-Updating its OS:
- How to Stop your Google Play Store Apps from Auto-Updating:
- How to Turn Off Automatic Updates for Google Play Apps?
- How do I get rid of notification bubbles on Android?
- How to Turn Off Auto Updates for Specific Apps?
- How Do I Stop Android Apps From Automatically Updating?
- Part 2: How to Disable Software Update Notification Android
- Part 5: How to Fix Android System Update Problems
- How to Use ReiBoot for Android to Fix Systems Update Problems
- Why Do I Keep Getting System Updates Android?
- Turn Off Developer options
- When to Update your Cell Phone’s Apps and Software
- Save data – Update your apps when you’re connected to WiFi
- To only allow your phone to update when you’re connected to WiFi:
- To only allow apps to update when you are connected to WiFi:
- Wrapping Up
Why to Stop Automatic Updates?
There are many reasons for a user to disable automatic updates in Android:
- The main reason is the bugs that come with new updates. Bugs are common with new versions of the software. So, some users would like to wait for some time for feedback. If that software version is bug-free, they may want to update the software with the latest version.
- Sometimes, compatibility is an issue. A previous software version works fine on an old system, but an updated version does not. So, some users would continue using the old version of the software.
- You do not like to consume internet bandwidth when you are doing other tasks on your smartphone.
- Last is the privacy issue. You may want to know what is in the changelog of OS and app updates and choose to install them manually when you need.
Whatever is the reason, Android allows you to disable automatic updates and you can do it manually.
How do I stop my Samsung Galaxy s9 from updating?
1. Find “Auto-update apps”
- Press Play Store.
- Slide your finger right starting from the left side of the screen.
- Press Settings.
- Press Auto-update apps.
- To turn off automatic update of apps, press Do not auto-update apps..
- To turn on automatic update of apps using mobile network, press Auto-update apps at any time.
How to Stop Auto-Updates on Android Phones
In order to stop auto-updates and control when and how your cell phone updates, you must first turn off auto-updates.
If you’re on an Android phone, you’re probably running the latest operating system (OS) called Pie. These instructions to stop auto-updates assume that is the case. Even if you aren’t running Pie, the steps outlined here can be used as a general guide to help you turn off auto updates.
Updating your auto-update settings can also be phone specific, but again, these instructions will provide a basic framework from which to start with.
How to Stop your Phone from Auto-Updating its OS:
- Swipe down from the top edge of your screen to reveal the quick settings menu.
- Tap the cog (also called ‘gear’) icon, which is usually in the upper right corner.
- Tap “Software Update” from the list of options.
- Deselect “Download updates automatically”.
- Make sure all options are deselected.
How to Stop your Google Play Store Apps from Auto-Updating:
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- On the upper left side of the screen, tap the menu icon.
- Tap “Settings”.
- Tap “Auto-update apps”.
- Tap “Don’t auto-update apps”.
- Tap “Done”.
How to Turn Off Automatic Updates for Google Play Apps?
You might not be against having your Android OS receive regular updates. But when it comes to auto-updates for apps, that’s a different story. How many apps have you downloaded from the Play Store? All apps have regular updates, and the most popular issue them quite frequently.
While some users don’t see a problem with that, others find themselves confused every time they receive a notification that their device has low storage, or their mobile data is running low.
With Android apps, manual updates are often the more prudent solution. Here’s how you can set that up on your device:
- On your Android device, launch the Play Store app.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- Now, select “Settings” followed by “Auto-update apps.”
- From the pop-up screen, select the “Don’t auto-update apps” option.
- Tap on “Done.”
That’s all there is to it. From that moment on, you will need to update your apps manually. That means checking the Play Store from time to time to see if any new versions of the app are available.
Keep in mind that it’s not uncommon for users to forget about this and find themselves experiencing issues with an app, unaware that there’s an update that can fix the problem.
How do I get rid of notification bubbles on Android?
Open the Settings app and go to Apps & Notifications. Go to Notifications>Notifications. Tap the app you want to enable or disable. The app’s Notifications screen will have its own dedicated Allow icon badge switch.
How to Turn Off Auto Updates for Specific Apps?
Another potential problem you might have is that you already have an auto-update setting for apps but you wish to disable it for one app specifically.
Apps such as Instagram and Chrome are often large, and it’s understandable that you want to approve it first. This is something you can do via the Play Store. Follow these steps to learn how to do it:
- Launch the Play Store app on your Android device.
- Search for the specific app in the search bar.
- Once you find it, tap on the three vertical dots in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Make sure to uncheck the auto-update box from the list of options.
How Do I Stop Android Apps From Automatically Updating?
If your issue is with your Android apps automatically updating, here's how to stop them from doing so.
On your Android phone, tap Google Play Store.
Tap your Google account profile picture.
Tap Network Preferences.
Tap Auto-Update apps.
Tap Don't auto-update apps.
Part 2: How to Disable Software Update Notification Android
Hide software update notification Android is not difficult, you can follow the steps below to achieve it easily.
- Locate Settings on your Android device.
- Choose Developer options.
You should find the “Auto-update system” when you scroll down. Toggle off this feature and you won’t receive any software updates.
Part 5: How to Fix Android System Update Problems
ReiBoot for Android is an all-in-one software solution to over 50 mobile phone issues. You can solve booting problems and a lot of mobile device software issues using it. ReiBoot for Android runs on Windows 10 and is able to work with more than 500 different models of Android mobile devices. All that is required to use it is a good USB cable and the ability to follow simple instructions on the user interface.
- ReiBoot for Android is compatible with almost all Android.
- Users can choose to use the Free or Paid version of it.
- It supports multiple phone reboot modes.
- It comes with an easy user interface, so anyone can use the software.
- ReiBoot for Android can fix more than 50 Android and iOS issues, including, app crashing, system update issues, message not sent and many others.
How to Use ReiBoot for Android to Fix Systems Update Problems
The steps required fix system update problems or Android disable system update notification using ReiBoot for Android are easy. Below are the steps.
Visit Reiboot official website at Tenorshare to download the software on your computer. Once you have downloaded ReiBoot for Android setup, install and run the app.
- Use a USB cable to connect your Android to the computer via USB debugging mode.
Choose “Repair Android System” once you are sure your Android device has been detected by it.
Select and confirm your device details before you proceed to download firmware.
- Wait for the firmware to download. This may take a while.
After the firmware is successfully downloaded, select “Repair Now” to complete the process.
NB: Be sure that your device and your PC are properly connected to guarantee faster and successful fix of system update issues.
Why Do I Keep Getting System Updates Android?
As with any technology, Android phones often receive regular updates, especially when they're relatively new. System updates mean your Android operating system is up to date while app updates mean your apps are up to date. This can mean new features or security boosters, or simply enjoying a more bug-free experience than before.
Turn Off Developer options
If, for any reason, you want to turn off “Developer options” on your phone, then follow the steps given below.
- Open “Developer options”.
- The first option is “Use developer options” with a switch button in front of it.
- Turn it off and go back to the “System” menu.
- The “Developer options” will disappear from the menu indicating it is disabled now.
When to Update your Cell Phone’s Apps and Software
You can decide the best time to update your software. Some things to consider are data usage and convenience.
Save data – Update your apps when you’re connected to WiFi
If data use is a concern of yours, you can set your phone to only update when you’re connected to WiFi. This will ensure you don’t dip into your data plan to update your apps and software. It will also help speed up the updating process.
To only allow your phone to update when you’re connected to WiFi:
- Swipe down from the top edge of your screen to reveal the quick settings menu
- Tap the cog (also called ‘gear’) icon, which is usually in the upper right corner
- Tap “Software Update”
- Toggle “Auto download over WiFi” to On
To only allow apps to update when you are connected to WiFi:
- Open the Google Play Store app
- On the upper left side of the screen, tap the menu icon
- Select “Settings”
- Select Auto-update apps
- Select “Over WiFi only”
- Tap “Done”
Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.
In this article, you have learned two ways by which you can easily disable automatic app updates for your Android Phone. If this 2-minute read has helped you in achieving the same, then hit the Like button and stay tuned for more amazing articles like this one
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.