Content of the material
- How to Unblock a Number on iPhone 7
- How to Block a Number/Contact Via Messages:
- How to Unblock People Who Text You
- More Information on How to Block a Number or Unblock a Number on an iPhone
- How to unblock a number or contact
- Unblocking a Phone Number on Android
- How to Block Spam Calls via 3rd-Party Apps:
- How to Enable Call Forwarding on Your Mobile Phone
- Enabling Call Forwarding on Android
- Enable Call Forwarding on iPhone
- How to Unblock a Number on Your iPhone from the Contacts App
- Its Not the End
How to Unblock a Number on iPhone 7
- Open Settings.
- Choose Phone.
- Select Blocked Contacts.
- Find the number to unblock.
- Tap Edit.
- Touch the red circle next to the number.
- Tap Unblock.
Our article continues below with additional information on how to unblock a number on an iPhone 7, including information on how to perform these actions in older versions of iOS as well.
How to Block a Number/Contact Via Messages:
- Go to Settings > Messages. At the next screen, you will find the menu for the Messages application.
- Then tap Blocked Contacts. Here you will see all the Blocked numbers that will not be able to send you any messages.
- Tap Add New. From here you will be redirected to your Contacts list.
- Tap the contact you want to add to your Messages Blocked list. That number will not be able to send you messages anymore.
- Go to your Home screen and tap Messages. Here you will find all the SMS and MMS messages you’ve received or sent.
- Open the conversation with the contact you want to block.
- Tap the arrow beside the contact number at the top of the conversation or message thread. A small menu will pop-up that contains the options audio, FaceTime, and info.
- Tap info. You will be redirected to the contact’s Detail screen.
- Tap that small arrow to the right of the number. The Details screen will then expand to display more possible actions you can do with that number.
- Next, tap Block this Caller near the bottom of the screen. Then, tap Block Contact to confirm the action. Same as with other methods, you can choose to change your mind here and tap Cancel instead.
How to Unblock People Who Text You
If you blocked someone in Messages to prevent the person from text messaging you, you can unblock the number in Messages settings you they can text you again.
Open Settings and tap Messages.
Scroll down and tap Blocked Contacts (on older OSes, this is just Blocked).
Swipe right to left on the number you want to unblock and tap Unblock.
More Information on How to Block a Number or Unblock a Number on an iPhone
- You have the ability to quickly block a number through the Phone app, even if the person isn’t a contact. Simply tap on the lowercase “i” next to the number, then scroll down and tap the Block this Caller button.
- As shown above, older versions of iOS required you to tap Call Blocking & Identification to access the blocked caller list. While that has been replaced with a “Blocked Contacts” list in newer versions of iOS, that menu option still exists. However it now includes an option to Silence Junk Callers, as well as enable or disable call identification apps like RoboKiller.
- When you want to unblock a caller on your iPhone and that blocked number is associated with a contact, you can also navigate to the contact through the Contacts tab at the bottom of the Phone app. At the bottom of that person’s contact card is a button that says Unblock this Caller. If you tap Unblock this Caller then that person will be able to call and text you again.
- The Block This Caller option is also accessible through the Messages app. You can tap on the info button in the message conversation, then tap Info again and choose the Block this Caller option.
Have you noticed that your battery icon changes colors occasionally, but you aren’t sure why? Learn about the yellow battery on your iPhone and see why it’s something you might want to enable all the time.
How to unblock a number or contact
So, you block an individual and then later you change your mind. Now you want to unblock him so that you can get calls and texts from her or him. Unblocking is very easy too. Here is how:
- Follow the same steps above and open the card of the number or contact.
- Scroll down and then tap the “Unblock this Caller” (Block this Caller become Unblock this Caller).
You can also remove people directly from your blocked list. Go to your blocked list (Settings > Messages or Phone or FaceTime > Blocked Contacts). Find your contact to unblock, then swipe left over the name, this will reveal a button and then tap the red Unblock button.
Unblocking a Phone Number on Android
Some of the following steps only work on Android 6.0 and newer versions. However, even if you have an older version of the Android OS, the steps might be very similar. It is worth trying them out.
Here is how you can unblock a certain number after you have blocked it on your Android:
- Open your smartphone’s Phone App.
- Tap on the ‘More’ icon.
- Select the ‘Settings’ option.
- Under Incoming Calls, tap on ‘Set rules.’
- Select ‘Blocklist.’
After doing this, you should have a list of blocked numbers displayed on your screen. Simply locate the one you wish to unblock, and then tap on Remove or Unblock. That will remove the number from the blocked numbers list, so you can receive calls and texts from it.
Some Android users need to follow these steps:
- Open the dialing app and tap on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner.
- Tap on ‘Settings.’
- Tap ‘Block numbers.’
- Tap the red subtraction symbol to the right of the number you’d like to unblock.
Now, the number’s owner can call and text you.
How to Block Spam Calls via 3rd-Party Apps:
- Download a robocall blocker app from the App Store.
- Go to Settings > Phone.
- Select Call Blocking & Identification.
- Enable the app by tapping the scroll bar next to its name. You will know the app is enabled when the button to the right of its name is green.
These third-party apps will automatically block spam numbers. If the app has blocked a number that you want to unblock, you can find them here and unblock them.
How to Enable Call Forwarding on Your Mobile Phone
What if you want to redi ect calls instead of keeping them blocked? Here is how you can enable the call forwarding feature on your smartphone. Make sure the number is unblocked first
Enabling Call Forwarding on Android
- Tap on the Phone App.
- Select the Action Overflow icon – usually represented by three dots.
- Tap on ‘Settings’ – this option is called ‘Call Settings’ on some Android phones.
- Select ‘Carrier call settings.’
- Select ‘Call forwarding.’
- Choose an option that you want to set – always forward, when busy, when unreachable, etc.
- Enter the forwarding number.
- Tap on the ‘Check mark’ or ‘Enable’ to activate.
Enable Call Forwarding on iPhone
- Tap into your phone’s Settings.
- Scroll down and select Phone.
- Tap on the Call Forwarding option.
- To enable this feature, simply move the slider.
- Select Forward To.
- Enter the phone number where you wish to receive your phone calls.
- Tap on Back.
How to Unblock a Number on Your iPhone from the Contacts App
It may be easier to locate a blocked number within your Contacts app or the Contacts tab in the Phone app, where you also have the ability to unblock. Here’s how to do it.
- Open the Contacts app or the Contacts tab in the Phone app.
- Find the contact you’re looking for.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Unblock this Caller.
If you deleted a contact’s number after originally blocking it and now you want to get the number back, you may be able to do so. If you only deleted it from Contacts, it may still appear in your Recents call log or your Voicemail log in the Phone app. If you deleted the contact from these logs too, you may need to call your phone company to retrieve their call log, which will list incoming and outgoing calls by date and time.
It’s important to know what while a blocked number can’t call you, FaceTime you, or text you, they can leave a voicemail. When a blocked number attempts to call you, your iPhone routes it immediately to voicemail without notifying you of that new message. The blocked caller’s voicemail will remain there for you to decide if you want to listen to it or not.
As iPhones are mobile and attached to their owners everywhere they go, the idea behind the Block and Unblock options is that you can decide how you want to be reached, when, and by whom.
Top image credit: Studio888 / Shutterstock.com
Its Not the End
Fortunately, you can always reconnect with someone you blocked with a few taps of the screen. The disconnect isn’t permanent, and hopefully the cause for blocking a number can be amended as well.