Content of the material
- About the Author
- Peter Cao
- Peter Cao’s favorite gear
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd Generation)
- nuraphone by nura
- How Can It Go Missing In The First Place?
- 1. Check The Home Screen & Folders
- 2. Search For The Browser On Your iPhone
- 3. Disable The Restrictions
- 4. Reset Home Screen Or Perform A Factory Reset
- Chris Holroyd
- Method 2: Backup WhatsApp Only to Local Storage on Android Phone
- How to Access WhatsApp Local Backup on Android Phone?
- Ravinder Ahlawat
- Avoid Highways on Your Route in the iOS App
- Additional Topics
About the Author
Peter Cao @iPeterCao Peter writes for 9to5Mac. He has a passion for music and technology and has accepted the Bluetooth audio revolution, but will never give up the beauty of vinyl.
Peter Cao’s favorite gear
12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd Generation) A revolution in computing. With Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard, the 2018 iPad Pros will likely replace your next computer. nuraphone by nura Innovative ANC headphones that feature class-leading sound quality, W1-like Bluetooth device switching, and personalized sound.
How Can It Go Missing In The First Place?
Well, we can also ask, how can the safari icon disappear in the first place? Well, in most cases, the iPhone safari icon can go missing if someone has hidden it. In other words, the icon is probably lying there somewhere on one of the home screens. Moreover, there’s also a possibility that you have accidentally moved it to a folder.
You may wonder that somehow you or any other person may have accidentally deleted the app from the phone. Luckily, Apple prevents its users from deleting the essential or native apps from their devices. Since Safari is one of such native or essential apps, you just cannot ‘delete’ it.
So, that leaves us with a few possible scenarios. You may have moved it to a home screen, or a folder, or maybe you have restricted the app. So, let’s go through all of these points to find the missing iPhone Safari icon.
1. Check The Home Screen & Folders
First of all, it’s essential to check all the home screens and folders. There’s a possibility that the missing iPhone safari icon is there. Since you cannot delete or uninstall a native app, it just cannot disappear.
2. Search For The Browser On Your iPhone
So, if you cannot find the iPhone safari icon anywhere why not search for it? There are a few steps to do so if you don’t know how you can search for an app.
- So, you need to swipe right on the screen of your iPhone and then you will bring up the search box.
- Next, you need to type Safari in the search box. If you do that then it should bring up the Safari app in the search results.
In case the App is in a folder that you have hidden, then you will see the name of the folder to which the app icon has been moved.
3. Disable The Restrictions
There’s another possibility that you have posed some restrictions on the Safari app. If you have accidentally placed restrictions on the app then you may see this thing. Moreover, it’s true that we can also do it intentionally at times, just to keep the browser out of kids’ reach.
- First, open the settings and scroll down to Screen Time.
- Tap the Screen Time and you will next have to click on Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Once you tap on that, you will see a prompt where you need to enter the Screen Time Passcode, if you had set it up before.
- Next, go to the Content & Privacy Screen and tap on the Allowed Apps, and see whether Safari Icon is allowed or not.
4. Reset Home Screen Or Perform A Factory Reset
Well, if the above tricks fail then you have two options. Either you can reset the home screen or perform a competitive factory reset. You have to go to the settings>General>Reset and then Reset Screen Layout to reset the Home Screen.
Chris Holroyd Chris Holroyd is a tech magazine writer who has been extensively writing in the technology field for a few years. He has written several articles which have provided exciting and knowledgeable information on Digital marketing, December Global Holidays and tech support in United State. See author's posts
Method 2: Backup WhatsApp Only to Local Storage on Android Phone
There will be an alternate method to prevent WhatsApp from saving its Data to Google Drive and force WhatsApp to Backup only to the Internal Storage of your Android Phone.
- Firstly, open your WhatsApp and click on the 3-dot menu icon and choose the Settings option from the list.
- Click on the chat option from the setting menu and tap on the Chat backup.
- Now, hit on the Backup to Google Drive option.
- On the pop-up, select the Never option.
- Now, hit on the Backup icon to start the process of Backing up WhatsApp only to the local storage of your Android Phone.
If you follow the above steps, then you will get the Backup into the Local Storage of your Android Phone. There is another option. If you have an SD card on your phone, you can get the WhatsApp Backup into your SD Card.
How to Access WhatsApp Local Backup on Android Phone?
There is a short and easy process to find out the local Backup of WhatsApp files on Andriod Phones.
- Open the File Manager App or My files on your Android Phone.
- Then, click on the SD Card or Device Storage.
- After that, open the WhatsApp folder and move on Databases Folder.
- Here, you can see the WhatsApp Backup Files.
We have explained the two methods, and both are very simple to execute. If you have insufficient technical knowledge, you can also implement these methods. Also, you can see the path where you can find the WhatsApp data after Backup.
Ravinder Ahlawat Ravinder Ahlawat is a Technical Content Writer that always writes SEO-friendly articles in the technology niche as well as other niches. He is full-time working as an SEO Executive & Content Writer. Additionally, working as a freelance content writer for websites in different niches. See author's posts
Avoid Highways on Your Route in the iOS App
If you’re using the Google Maps app on your Android device or iPhone, you can easily avoid highways for the current route you’re planning.
Open Google Maps on your mobile device and tap the Directions icon in blue on the lower right.
Enter your starting and ending locations.
Tap the three dots on the top right and then select Route options.
Turn on the toggle for Avoid highways. Optionally, you can avoid tolls and ferries as well. And to retain the setting(s) for future directions you obtain, also enable the toggle for Remember settings.
Tap the back arrow to return to the route. You’ll see updated directions that take you away from highways.
- What is the Moon Icon at the Top of My iPhone Screen?
- How to Add the Developer Tab in Outlook 2013
- How to Set an Out of Office Reply in Gmail
- How to Split Data in One Column to Two Columns in Excel 2010
- How to Add a Phone Number to an iPhone Signature