Content of the material
Russian Holodets Meat Jelly Recipe
- 2 lbs pig, cow or chicken feet (or use chicken legs as an alternative)
- 1 lb boneless meat (any kind of meat, for example chicken thighs)
- 1 onion, peeled
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- Clear gelatin (you need it ONLY if using chicken legs)
Instructions How To Make Russian Holodets
- Put all the meat, whole onion, salt and pepper in a large pot. Add enough water to completely cover the meat plus an extra inch of water on top of the meat.
- Bring water to a boil and skim off the foam.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover and simmer for 3 hours.
- Add the bay leaves and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove all the meat from the pot.
- Discard the onion and bay leaves.
- Pull the meat away from the bones and discard the bones.
- Chop all the meat and put on the bottom of an 8×12 dish (you can use Pyrex dish).
- Strain the cooking liquid through the cheesecloth.
- If you were using chicken legs instead of feet, you need to add the gelatin to the liquid. Add 3 grams of gelatine for each cup of the liquid and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the liquid over the chopped meat.
- Refrigerate the dish with Holodets overnight.
- Cut Holodets into squares and serve with horseradish or mustard.
Caprese Sandwich with Tomato, Mozzarella, and Fresh Basil
It takes less than 5 minutes to assemble this classic Italian submarine sandwich that’s packed full of mouth-watering flavors. Made with thick slices of fresh mozzarella, sweet Italian tomatoes, rich extra virgin olive oil, tangy balsamic glaze, and fragrant green basil, the Caprese sandwich is a tasty and satisfying vegetarian lunch that’s also super easy to make.
Parmesan Tuna Sandwiches
Rich, sharp Parmesan cheese and tangy mustard deliver a punch of flavor to this mayonnaise-based tuna salad sandwich that’s anything but ordinary. Crunchy vegetables, including bell pepper and onions, deliver texture and flavor too. Serve it on a whole wheat bun and enjoy every bite.
Honey-Cilantro Chicken Thighs
This is ideal picnic food. Eat on its own, or serve with sliced Persian cucumbers tossed in a couple of tablespoons of furikake seasoning.
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes
Place all the ingredients in a bowl and toss. Place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to marinate.
Preheat an oven to 375℉. Place chicken thighs on a foil-lined baking tray and bake for 35 minutes, brushing on more of the marinade every five minutes until the thickest part of the chicken thigh reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
Latest Food News
Food News27 Mar, 2022 06:00 PM3 minutes to read Three NZ foodie products that are making a difference
Food News27 Mar, 2022 04:00 PM3 minutes to read Growing yuzu in Horowhenua, and two food festival announcements
Food News25 Mar, 2022 07:00 PM8 minutes to read Rhubarb has a short season, but can be frozen for later use