Content of the material
Sign up or log in Sign up using Google Sign up using Facebook Sign up using Email and Password
But you don’t necessarily need to be specific about which device you use, for people to get the point. You can simply make a joke that lets people know you’re sending the email from your mobile device.
“Sent via carrier pigeon,” or “Sent from my rotary phone,” or “Sent from my payphone,” let people know that you’re communicating on your phone. But you’re making a joke about technology that isn’t misconstrued as snobby or exclusive.
On the other end of the spectrum, “Sent from my iPhone because I’m better than you,” or “Sent from my $400 smartphone,” poke fun at using certain mobile devices as status symbols. Just be aware that sarcastic email lines can be misinterpreted as gloating if others don’t “get” your humor.
Professional email signature format
- Include your phone number in your signature.
- Yes, include your email address in your signature. Often, in a forwarded message, a second recipient will only see your name, not your email address, in the To: or Cc: lines.
- Include any other information relevant to your readers, such as your company website and time zone.
- If you receive an email on your mobile device that requires immediate response and length, reply with a quick summary and tell your reader you will respond fully when you are back at your office.
- When you are faced with the speed vs. accuracy dilemma when mobile, always lean to accuracy.
Having Fun With Siri
Siri, in case you’re not aware, is the voice-enabled command prompt and answering feature that Apple calls “the intelligent personal assistant.” It’s available on the latest iPhones and iPads. Some people like to have fun with Siri in their email signatures on their iPhones.
Deborah Shane, branding consultant, has an email footer that reads, “Sent from Siri, My Personal Assistant.”
Small business author and all-around funny guy, Barry Moltz, also has fun with Siri. His reads, “Sorry so short … the keys are small on the iPhone 4S. Uh, oh..there are no keys. Maybe Siri can help.”
Add code to the send button
Add this code to the send button
Parameter 1: The email address to receive the email
Parameter 2: Any cc email addresses
Parameter 3: Subject Line
Parameter 4: The message from our field