Content of the material
- How to save Voicemails on iPhone
- 3. How to Change Visual Voicemail Password on iPhone
- Welcome to TechRepublic!
- Way 3: How to save Voicemail from iPhone to iCloud Drive
- Part 2 : Save voicemails from iPhone using AirDrop
- How to save voicemails from iPhone to iPhone via AirDrop
- Part 4 : Save voicemails from iPhone using iOS Data Backup Restore
- How to save voicemails from iPhone 5 to computer
- How to transfer voicemails from computer to iPhone
- Part 3: How to Share Your Voicemail Using Messages, Mail or AirDrop
- Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to save Voicemails on iPhone
For iPhone users in America, instead of keeping the audio file saved in your voicemail, you can save and share voice messages to various apps and services using the share function. This is a great method for those looking to keep voicemail for business or schooling purposes. Apple allows you to share your voice messages with coworkers or classmates, or upload them to a computer for yourself and others to access.
To save or share a voicemail on the iPhone:
1. Open the Phone app and select the voicemail button on the bottom of the screen in the far right corner. (Reminder, this will only be available to US iPhone users with access to visual voicemail).
2. Choose the voicemail you would like to save and then tap the share button (this will look like a blue box with an arrow pointing outwards).
3. You now have several options for sharing and saving the file:
Notes – Lets you save audio files to a new note or add to an existing one.
Voice Memo – Saves audio to your phone, which can then be edited or trimmed in the Voice Memo app and automatically backed up to iTunes. *With both of these options you are able to save the message and play it back at your leisure. Both apps will also back up automatically to the iCloud, as long as you have iCloud enabled.
Mail and Message – Will send the file as an MP3 over email or SMS to another person in your contact list.
Airdrop – Lets you send the audio as an MP3 file wirelessly to other devices in range. To save the voicemail to your Macbook, select AirDrop and then select your computer’s name. You need to ensure you are connected to the same network and then have to accept the AirDrop on your computer. From there you can save the message wherever you want.
4. Select the option you wish to use and finalise using the send button.
5. Once you have saved or shared the file, it's also a good idea to backup the audio as well. If you have the sync function on your iPhone turned on, then you can sync with iTunes to automatically backup your voice memos to your iTunes library. In a similar way, you can share the audio files of the voicemail to a cloud storage service like Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft Drive or other similar services.
3. How to Change Visual Voicemail Password on iPhone
Sometimes you might want to change another password for your voicemail. It is also easy to do it.
Below is how can you change iPhone voicemail password?
Step 1Open Settings app on your home screen, and then tap Phone.
Step 2Tap Change Voicemail Password.
Step 3Tap Set Up Now.
Step 4Enter current voicemail password and tap Done on the top.
Step 5Enter new password twice and tap Done.
Please keep your voicemail password in mind, because Apple doesn’t have access to your voicemail password and can’t reset for you if you don’t remember the old one. Only your wireless carrier can access and manage the voicemail account for your phone number.
After setting up your voicemail on iPhone, you might receive much voicemail on your iPhone.
What can you do to iPhone voicemail?
Welcome to TechRepublic!
Username must be unique. Password must be a minimum of 6 characters and have any 3 of the 4 items: a number (0 through 9), a special character (such as !, $, #, %), an uppercase character (A through Z) or a lowercase (a through z) character (no spaces).
Way 3: How to save Voicemail from iPhone to iCloud Drive
You can just save voicemail from iPhone to iCloud Drive and also download the voicemail to your computer from iCloud whenever you want. Follow the guideline to learn how to save voicemail from iPhone to iCloud drive:
1. First open voicemail by tapping on the call button and choose “Voicemail”.
2. Just the same way tap on the voicemail you want to save and tap on the save button.
3. Now you will see a list of different ways to save your voicemail. Just tap on the “Add to iCloud Drive” button to save your voicemail in iCloud.
Part 2 : Save voicemails from iPhone using AirDrop
To help users transfer files between iOS, Apple has released an ad-hoc service, called AirDrop, in 2011. The devices that AirDrop supports include: iPhone X/8/7/6/6s/5, iPad Mini, iPad 4th generation and later, iPad Pro, iPod Touch 5th generation and later, and latest MacBook. And it is a good option when you want to save several voicemails from iPhone to another iOS device.
How to save voicemails from iPhone to iPhone via AirDrop
Step 1. First of all, you need to enable AirDrop on both iOS devices. You can slide up the iPhone screen turn on the "Wi-Fi" and "Bluetooth" features. Then open the Control Center and enable AirDrop.
Note: AirDrop only needs you to enable the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth features, but not necessary to connect to another device or a Wi-Fi network.
Step 2. There are three ways to connect iPhone to another device via AirDrop, "Off", "Contacts Only" and "Everyone". The second option only allows iCloud contacts to discover your iPhone and transfer data. So, we suggest you to select "Everyone" on the source and target iOS devices.
Step 3. Visit the Phone app on the source iPhone and go to the "Voicemail" tab from the bottom. Here you can get all voicemails saved on your iPhone. Tap on a desired voicemail to open it and then hit the Share icon at top of the screen to open the menu box. Tap on the AirDrop contact of the iPhone that you want to save voicemail to.
Step 4. On the target iPhone, you will get a popup message ask whether to accept the file. Tap "Accept" and trigger the process. Repeat the operations to transfer voicemails from iPhone to iPhone.
Note: AirDrop is convenient to transfer a few voicemails; but if you have dozens of voicemails on the old device waiting for saving to the new device, AirDrop is a waste of time. Moreover, AirDrop is a Geo-based wireless connection. The two iOS devices must be as close as possible.
Part 4 : Save voicemails from iPhone using iOS Data Backup Restore
No matter iCloud or AirDrop have inevitable disadvantages, when saving voicemails from iPhone to iPhone. iCloud does not support to transfer voicemails from iPhone to iPhone separately. And AirDrop cannot save all voicemails from iPhone to iPhone at one time. From this point, we recommend Apeaksoft iOS Data Backup & Restore. It is one of the best iPhone backup and transferring applications on market. Its benefits include:
1. iOS Data Backup & Restore has the capacity to make a backup for entire iPhone in one click. 2. And you can only save voicemails from iPhone to computer. 3. Transfer voicemails from iPhone to iPhone by restoring the backup. 4. In addition to voicemails, it also supports a wider range of data types, like contacts, phone numbers, call history, SMS, MMS, photos, videos, music, etc. 5. This application is able to transfer multiple voicemails at once without damaging existing data on iPhone. 6. It is compatible with iPhone X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus6/6s/5/5s/5c/SE/4, iPad Pro/Air/Mini and earlier generations, and iPod Touch. 7. iOS Data Backup & Restore is available to Windows 10/8/8.1/7/XP and Mac OS.
In short, it is the easiest way to save voicemails from iPhone to iPhone. And to help you understand the procedure, we use iPhone 5 as the source device and iPhone 7 as the target device.
How to save voicemails from iPhone 5 to computer
Step 1. Install the best iPhone toolkit to your computer
Download the right version of iOS Data Backup & Restore according to the operating system, and install it on your computer. Plug the iPhone 5 into the computer using the Lightning cable and start the application to let it detect the previous iPhone automatically.Free Download Free Download
Step 2. Set data types for iPhone backup
On the home interface, choose the "iOS Data Backup" button to go to the next window. Next, you can decide to make a "Standard backup" or "Encrypted backup". If you select the latter one, drop your password and click the "Start" button to move on. When going into the data type window, locate to the "Message & Contacts" section and check the box of "Voicemail".
Step 3. Save voicemails from iPhone to computer
If you are ready, click the "Next" button at bottom of the window. On the popup dialog, pick a folder to save the voicemail backup and start saving it to your computer. When the process is complete, remove your iPhone 5.
How to transfer voicemails from computer to iPhone
Step 1. Switch to iOS data restore mode
This time use the Lightning cord to connect the iPhone 7 to your computer and launch iOS Backup & Restore. After it discovers your iPhone, click "iOS Data Restore" button to display all backups available on your computer.
Step 2. Preview voicemails for selectively transferring
Select the latest backup file on the list and click the "View Now" button to open it on computer. When the detail window opens, select Voicemail on the left sidebar; then you can look at all voicemails on the previous iPhone.
Step 3. Transfer voicemails from iPhone to computer
On the detail window, select all voicemails that you want to transfer to the new iPhone. Once click the "Restore to Device" button at bottom right corner, the process will initiate. When you see the popup dialog tells Congratulations, click "OK" and quit the application. Disconnect your iPhone 7 from your computer and you can find the voicemails in Voicemails screen.
- You can also use the “Share” menu to send voicemails to people via iMessage. The same applies to third-party messaging apps such as WhatsApp or Viber.
Thanks! Helpful Not Helpful
- If you have a file explorer app on your iPhone (e.g., Documents), you can select it as a save location instead of using Voice Memos or Files.
Thanks! Helpful Not Helpful
Part 3: How to Share Your Voicemail Using Messages, Mail or AirDrop
Where you want to share your voicemail to another user you can easily send it with messages or email as below. You can send it with AirDrop too. Below are the steps on how to share your voicemail using messages, mail or Airdrop.
Step 1: To enable sharing first thing to do is open the Phone app on your iPhone.
Step 2: Thereafter hit on the Voicemail tab at the bottom side.
Step 3: Next, you choose the voicemail message that you would want to save and share or send to others. Click on the Share icon, which looks like a small box with an arrow pointing upwards.
Step 4: From the Share menu select Messages, Mail or Airdrop.
Step 5: Thereafter write an optional message then click on Send button to allow sharing the message with the attached voicemail using Messages or Mail.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Dave Johnson Freelance Writer Dave Johnson is a technology journalist who writes about consumer tech and how the industry is transforming the speculative world of science fiction into modern-day real life. Dave grew up in New Jersey before entering the Air Force to operate satellites, teach space operations, and do space launch planning. He then spent eight years as a content lead on the Windows team at Microsoft. As a photographer, Dave has photographed wolves in their natural environment; he’s also a scuba instructor and co-host of several podcasts. Dave is the author of more than two dozen books and has contributed to many sites and publications including CNET, Forbes, PC World, How To Geek, and Insider. Read more Read less