Content of the material
- Use bit torrent anonymously
- Torrent tracker list 2022
- Why Do I Need a VPN for Accessing Torrent Sites?
- What a torrent tracker doesnt do?
- Fastest Torrent Trackers List of 2019
- The main advantages of trackers
- How to Stay Safe and Avoid Fake Torrent Sites
- Torrent Tracker List Updated On 1 March 2022
Use bit torrent anonymously
There is an easy way to use bit torrent without being tracked. You will need a VPN, TorBrowser, a torrent client and optionally, a VirtualBox virtual machine (VM). The virtual machine is only optional but I highly recommend it. It is a sterile computer with no identifiable data on it that can be used to bit torrent and nothing else.
Should you download malware along with your bit torrent traffic, there is nothing to report as the virtual machine will contain no identifiable data. Plus, should you need to quickly cover your tracks, you can delete the VM instance in seconds and leave no trace whatsoever. This is much faster and more thorough than deleting multiple files on your main computer. Read ‘How To Set Up and Run a 64-Bit Guest in Virtualbox’ to get one working.
Otherwise, do this:
- Sign up to a no-logging VPN service. Check out ‘What is the Best VPN Service? – December 2018’ for ideas.
- Download and install TorBrowser onto your device. You will use this to browse torrents and download magnet links.
- Set up a Torrent file somewhere on your computer to store anything you download.
- Download and install a torrent client to enable you to download. Suggestions include uTorrent, Deluge, qBittorrent, Transmission, Bitcomet and others.
Once you have it all installed, set up your VPN so the VPN Kill Switch is enabled or configure your firewall to stop traffic to your bit torrent client if the VPN fails. That way, you can safely leave your computer downloading while unattended. Google ‘VPN Killswitch’ or ‘firewall killswitch if your VPN service doesn’t have one.
How to download safely:
- Open up TorBrowser and navigate to wherever the magnet link (torrent link necessary for downloading) is hosted. Download the magnet link and open with your torrent client.
- Select the Torrent file you set as the default download location and let the file download.
- Perform a virus and malware scan of the Torrent folder after every file you download. Do it before you inspect or open the downloaded file to verify it is safe.
- Seed the file for a while to play your part in the process. A good ratio is 1.5:1 where you share 1.5x the size of the file to keep the process going.
Even legitimate bit torrent downloads can be infected with malware so setting a separate Torrent file and scanning it after every completed download is mandatory. This is another place where a virtual machine comes in handy. Were a virus or piece of malware to make it through your scan, it is trapped within the VM and cannot make it to your main computer.
Again, bit torrent itself is not illegal. It’s just a transport protocol. The files you download are where legality comes into play. Whatever you choose to download, ISPs often throttle bit torrent traffic, so even if your file is totally legal, using a VPN means your speed won’t be purposely downgraded just because it’s bit torrent.
Torrent tracker list 2022
Use the torrent tracker list below: copy this and paste it into your downloading program.
Why Do I Need a VPN for Accessing Torrent Sites?
Most torrent websites explicitly warn you to use a VPN before downloading anything – and there’s a good reason for that. Even the most reputable torrent sites and clients come with inherent dangers. It’s easy for cybercriminals to steal your IP address, monitor your connection, and even upload malware-infected torrents.
It’s very easy for other people to see your torrenting activity
A reliable VPN keeps you safe while you’re browsing a torrent website. It masks your original IP address, which means no one will be able to see what you’re downloading, or where you’re downloading it from. This means no one will be able to see what you’re downloading, or where you’re downloading it from. VPN encryption makes your traffic and data unreadable, even to hackers.
Another benefit of using a VPN is that it prevents your ISP from throttling your connection, which it might do if it notices excessive downloading activity on your end. When you use a VPN, your ISP can’t see what you’re doing online, which means you could get faster torrenting speeds.
What a torrent tracker doesnt do?
It IS NOT a proxy or middle-man between the peers.
It CAN NOT share DATA among the peers.
It DOES NOT store the .torrent file metadata.
It DOES NOT know which segment of the torrent file that you are downloading.
We use tracker only to increase the torrent download speed and it works.
When you find a torrent file with less seeder then you can take help of these tracker server so that uTorrent can find other seeder those are not being tracked by the current list.
Fastest Torrent Trackers List of 2019
You don’t need a huge list of trackers, even 5-10 fast trackers can improve your downloading speed.
You may want to bookmark this page, as we will keep removing old trackers and update them with fast trackers.
Recommended – Best Proxy Browsers for Android
The main advantages of trackers
First of all: a torrent tracker is not something optional in the BitTorrent world. Without trackers, you would not be able to start your downloads. It means that your torrent will be stuck at 0% because it cannot find any seeds or peers. If you add a torrent to your torrent program by downloading a .torrent file or clicking a magnet link, it will already contain a reference to 1 or a small list of trackers.
So by adding (more) trackers, your downloads will not get stuck at zero percent (or somewhere in the middle). Secondly, your overall downloads speed will increase, so that in the end your downloads will finish quickly.
As a third advantage I want to add that more seeds and peers will be added which are close to you geographically. If you live in Germany, the torrent trackers will likely also inform your torrent program there are other seeds and peers closely – in the same country or nearby. Your download program can perform a quick check on the latency of each seed/peer and prefer faster seeds and peers. Example: if you download an internal torrent file (such as Ubuntu Desktop), you will likely be connected to other users all over the world. Yet, your torrent program may prefer to download from other users in Germany or Europa rather than far away from you.
How to Stay Safe and Avoid Fake Torrent Sites
Staying safe while torrenting goes beyond choosing a reputable site. Anytime you use P2P file-sharing software, your personal data is exposed to anyone else seeding or leeching the same file. To prevent your info from being exposed, I recommend using a highly secure VPN like ExpressVPN.
When you use a VPN, it encrypts your torrenting traffic and hides your IP address from prying eyes. As a bonus, some VPNs offer built-in ad and malware blockers to protect you in case you encounter a malicious file.
These additional steps will also help you stay safe:
- Inspect every torrent — Unverified torrents are often filled with malware. Make sure any torrent you download has been verified, and check its seeder to leecher ratio, user comments, and the uploader’s history.
- Use a private search engine — Mainstream search engines like Google hide the URLs of many torrent sites due to the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act), and display dangerous fork sites instead. A private search engine like DuckDuckGo won’t hide URLs and will keep your searches private.
- Use a safe torrent client — A good torrent website on its own isn’t enough to stay safe and protected. Using a reliable torrent client like uTorrent or qBittorrent will add further protection against viruses, malware, and spyware.
- Check files for malware — Check files like RAR, TAR, and ZIP for malware. Pay close attention to EXE files and stay away from WMA, WMV, and password-protected files because they’re outdated and can be dangerous.
- Look out for copycat sites — Strange-looking URLs, numerous pop-up windows, and registration demands are all signs of dangerous copycat sites that can expose you to malware and hackers.
Basically it is a server, which contacts the peers (basically the devices holding the torrent file connected in a network) and transfers the data between them using BitTorrent protocol (P2P protocol).
The peer sends a message to the torrent tracker to register its interest in a torrent file. The torrent tracker replies back with a list of other peers who have previously expressed interest on the torrent file. Then the peer connects directly to each of the peers it received from the torrent tracker.
Torrent trackers can be private or public.
Torrent Tracker lists are very useful to speed up and increase torrent download speed.
Here is the list for Top 10 Best Torrent Sites 2020
Torrent Tracker List Updated On 1 March 2022
If your are downloading any copyright content like movies and music or need to use Torrent anonymously use VPN to download Torrents anonymously.
Here is a list of Best VPN for Torrenting
Torrent trackers are very popular and open source to provide you the best torrent files at the highest possible speed and security. It establishes a connection between peers and seeders through trackers and storing requests from the users on the servers.